Step 1: Create the Event
- Log into your account at https://www.curatorlive.com/login or register for one at https://www.curatorlive.com/register
- In your dashboard, on the left hand side select the ‘Create New Event’ button
- There will be a popup to name your event, click the next button when complete.
Step 2: Event Details
- Select the orientation you want the iPad to take pictures.
Landscape: Screens that are 1440px in width and 1080px in height.
Portrait: Screens that are 1080px in width and 1440px in height
Front-Facing Camera (recommended): The iPad screen will face your guests
Back-Facing Camera: Your guests will only see the camera on the back of the iPad when taking a picture.
2. Agency Pro Feature: Select whether or not you to add Data Capture to your event. You will be able to collect users’ emails, phone numbers, etc.
3. Vanity URL
Step 3: Attract Screen
- On the left hand side, select an attract screen to use with your event. Make sure to select a screen meant for the proper landscape or portrait layout you selected on the Event Details page, otherwise it may show up stretched or too big in the final product.
- Optional: Upload your own design by selecting ‘Upload custom design’ button on the bottom of the attract screen selection window.
- When you’re finished choosing a screen, select ‘continue’ at the bottom under the preview window.
Step 4: Experience Buttons
- In the ‘Experience Selection’ window, first choose an experience you want to add to your event.
- Select ‘choose’ next to the experience name to assign a button to the experience.
- Or, select the ‘upload’ button to add your own custom designed button to the event.
- Repeat this process for up to 6 total experiences.
- Experience Button Layout: Select how you want the buttons to be displayed on the screen. The layout will be reflected in the ‘preview’ on the right hand side of the browser window.
- Experience Background: Select an Experience Background or upload your own custom design. This screen will show up behind your buttons.
- Look Here Graphics: This will flash to your users where the camera is located during the countdown of the photos so they know where to look.
- Look Here Graphic Blink: Turn this feature on if you want the look here graphic to use a blinking animation to get the user’s attention on where to look.
- Event Wide Overlays: Select an overlay to use across all the experiences you selected previously. You can override this overlay in the experiences later if you wish.
- Ready: Define the number of seconds you want ‘Ready?’ text to show on the screen before the countdown begins.
- Countdown: Select how many seconds you want the user to have before the picture is taken. This gives them time to get ready and pose for their picture.
- Select the ‘continue’ button when finished.
Step 5: Customize Experience
- Click on an experience to edit the options
- Image Display: This is how the images will appear in the final photo after the picture is taken.
- Full Frame: The photo will take up the whole available picture space in the photo
- Photo Layout: This option is used if you want multiple pictures within one photo.
- Image Size: This is the total file size in megabytes (MB) of the photos when they are shared and/or put into your Dropbox.
- Image Dimensions: This is the height and width aspect ratio of the photos. Make sure your overlays match this aspect ratio to avoid stretching.
- Image Mirror: Choose this option if you want to flip the photo after it’s taken.
- Print Experience: Select this option if you plan to print your photo after the experience.
- Number of frames: For the GIF and Boomerang experiences only. This defines the number of photos taken per experience.
- Speed: For the GIF and Boomerang experiences only. How fast the photos show in succession.
- Selector Assets: This is where you are able to choose what props, filters, backgrounds, and overlays are a part of your experience. Only the assets that have been added to your account will be shown here. Once selected they will be added in the ‘Experience Selector Icon’ area below the Selector Assets window.
- Green Screen: Turn this option on if you plan on using a Green Screen with your experience. Select a background for the green screen in the Selector Assets section of the experience.
Step 6: Sharing Screen
- Share Buttons: This section defines how you want your photos shared after the photo is taken.
- Text: Guests will receive an SMS text message with a link to the photo
- Email: Guests will receive an email with the photo
- Print: Guests will have an option to print the photo if they’re happy with the outcome.
- Retake: Allow the guests to retake the photo before sharing.
- Attach MP4: Let’s the guests download a file they can use to share a GIF or Boomerang on social media
- Attach Photo to Text: Shows the photos to guests in a SMS message. This options makes it harder to track any photo sharing and may affect your analytics.
- Share Button Style: Define the style of the share buttons for the experience.
- Share Screen Background: Apply a background behind the photo and share buttons. You can upload your own design or purchase one from the asset store.
- Print Experience: Select which experiences you want to enable printing.
- Printing Methods: Select how you want to print your photos either with Airprint or the Curator Wireless Print Server. Also define how many photos you want to print with each experience.
Step 7: Data Capture (Beta) – Agency Pro Feature
- Select from the dropdown which field you want to add to your data capture.
- Name your field, this label is what users see when they are entering the information into the field.
- Define if you want the field to be required in order for the user to continue the experience.
- If you don’t want to use the field, select the trash button to delete it.
- Add disclaimer text to let the user know certain information about your business or how you are going to use their data you collected.
Step 8: Social Sharing
- Galleries: This is how the photo will be displayed to the user when shared via email or SMS.
- Banner: Select whether or not you want to add a custom branded banner to the shared photo. You can upload your custom design by selecting ‘upload custom design’
- Add a banner URL link to have the banner load a web page you specify.
- Color Scheme: Define a primary and secondary color you want to use with the gallery templates.
- Display Information: Select the information you want displayed on the share photo layout. You are able to display the time, date, or event name. Don’t forget to
- Marketing: This is extra marketing fields you can add to your photo gallery layout. The Facebook Like Popup will be linked to a specific Facebook Page that you define. The Custom Text will allow you to write your own message this is great for custom hashtags. The Call-to-action button will prompt the users to take an action such as sign up for your newsletter or visit a webpage.
- Buttons: Add social buttons where users can share their photo to certain social media outlets. Here you can also link to the Public Gallery where users can view all the photos from the event.
- Sharing Language: You can change the text that’s associated with each share message.
- Analytics: Add a Google Analytics Tracking ID or a Facebook Pixel ID to know where and how your photos are being shared.
- Agency Pro Feature – Password Protected Gallery: Make your galleries private by adding a password that users have to enter whenever they want to access the event gallery.
- Photo Backup Options: Add a layer of security to your event by backing up your photos to Dropbox or the Camera Roll on your device. Any photo that’s taken during the event will copy to these outlets.
- Select the ‘Finish’ button when you’re done and your event has been created.
- You will get a success message where you can click ‘done’ to head back to the dashboard. You will see your event now located in the My Events section of the dashboard.