The first screen you will encounter when launching Pixbooth is the login screen. From here, you can try a demo event or log in to your Curator account to access your custom events.
- Upon first launching the app, you will receive two prompts requesting permission for PixBooth to use the device camera and access the photo library for saving pictures. Tap “OK” for both of these.
- Tap the “TRY IT” button on the left side to start a demo event. The loading process will start as the app downloads all of the event’s settings and image assets. The demo event has several different experiences, including props, filters, green screen, gifs, boomerangs, and single images, so it may take several minutes to download everything. After the loading process is finished, the event will start and the attract screen will appear.
- To log in to your Curator account, tap the “Email” and “Password” fields to the right and enter the email address and password associated with your account, respectively. When finished, tap the “LOGIN” button, and the app will attempt to log in with the credentials provided.
- If your login credentials are incorrect, you will be returned to the login screen with the following message. Check your email address and password and try again.
- If the app fails to connect to Curator due to an Internet connection issue, one of two things will happen:
- If an event has been saved to the device, the app will automatically load the event’s settings and image assets and start the event. This is to accommodate venues with poor or no Internet access.
- If no event has been saved to the device, you will be returned to the login screen with the following message. Check the wireless settings on your device and network, or find a place that has Internet access. Internet is required initially for downloading an event to the device.